Friday, April 20, 2012

Epic Titanic Dinner

It's been a while, but I have been sewing a bit, I promise.  I attended the kind of event I've dreamed of for a long time: an elegant, first class Titanic Dinner in honor of all who lost their lives on the ship 100 years ago.  


I made the Jump Dress from the movie a few years ago, so my gown was all set!  However, after dinner we were asked to change into "aesthetic or lounging attire" for a swanky absinthe after party.  Yes, please! What to make??  After changing my mind 3 times, I decided to make the Folkwear Poiret Cocoon Coat.  Fabrics are black burnout velvet and gold crepe back satin (alas, all poly!).  Underneath I wore a black swiss dotted lace empire sheath dress I got from Forever 21 a few weeks ago.



So here I am:


Photo by Somewhere In Time Photography:


Photo by: K C-G

Photo by: me!


Under all that I wore a 1912 era corset I made myself!





2 comments: