Monday, May 30, 2011

Crocodile bustle dress

Last year I found a red satin embossed with a crocodile print.  So crazy that I had to have it!  I was inspired by the Pingat red day dress at the Kyoto Costume Institute.  My version is the crocodile fabric paired with a plain red taffeta and black venise lace with tassel trim at the hem.  Bodice is an altered Truly Victorian late bustle bodice and the skirt is a heavily modified Truly Victorian 4 gore underskirt. 




 Here is a close up of the croquet mallet harness I made out of one wide belt, one cannibalized thin belt (used as the shoulder harness), some brass D-rings, a scrap of black vinyl fabric, and some brass stampings.
Dashwood helped keep the fabric in order

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite dresses that you have made!! So over the top fabulous!

    ReplyDelete